After the first seven games of the 2014 season, sophomore Allison Camp is tied for the team lead in goals, with 14. She’s looking to help lead the Panthers back to the playoffs.
1) What is your favorite aspect of playing lacrosse?
The fast-paced nature of the game. It’s entertaining to see how much change can happen in just one lacrosse game.
2) Did you play any other sports when you were growing up?
I played a lot of sports growing up, but I enjoyed, and still continue to enjoy, snowboarding the most.
3) If you had to play a different collegiate sport other than lacrosse, what would it be?
Intramural Ultimate Frisbee.
4) How did you begin playing lacrosse?
Once I saw people playing lacrosse, I knew it was a sport I would enjoy more than the others. Once I started playing, I never looked back.
5) What do you think is the part of your game that needs to be developed most?
My left hand. I have gotten a lot better but I would love to be able to rip a shot at the goal with my left hand the same way I am able to with my right.
6) What is one thing that most people wouldn’t know about you?
I really enjoy reading. When I tell people how much I read, they are always very surprised.
7) Who would you say is your biggest
supporter during your career?
My mother and father have been beyond helpful, from when I was younger taking me to every single practice and paying for my equipment, to now when they fly out from Colorado just to watch me. I call them after every single game to celebrate or mourn the outcome and they are always filled with love and support.
8) Who is your favorite athlete?
Travis Rice, I wish I could do what he could on the mountain.